Life Lessons I’ve Learned in Quarantine………………….
- My House is a mess and probably always will be and it is obviously NOT because I don’t have time- it’s a choice I made to live by the Moto “Dull women have immaculate houses and honey I’m any thing but dull”
- shhh- I’ve learned the right time to remind the hubby of his love for my exceptionalism might not be while he’s vacuuming.. oops
- Changing PJ’s once a day saves a ton of time on laundry- BONUS!
- My parasites (children for those nicer than me) are ridiculously spoiled and have absolutely NO ability to see anything out of place unless specifically pointed out. (of course see #1 this could be my fault)
- My backyard gardening game is starting to be on par with my Grandmothers (God Bless their souls)
- My life long aversion to animal print was all explained in 6 hours watching Netflix and I would never of guessed that I would ever want to answer my phone with “Hey all you cool cats and kittens” just for fun, but here we are……
- I admire many many people on Social Media for having much more faith in their fellow human beings than I do..
- New World Order my ass- we can’t even agree on the one we have…… 🙂 Conspiracy theories don’t scare me -they make me laugh. The only thing I believe with certainty after 51 years is….if more than 3 people know a secret it’s no longer a secret unless 2 of those are dead. Just the fact that most conspiracy theories would have to consist of many many people to pull off takes them out the realm of reality for me. NO way that many people could agree much less stay quite without running their mouths, but I do appreciate others ability to have that kind of faith in your fellow man.
- I haven’t read enough comic books or watched near enough movies to actually believe in Super Villains.
- Are there bad guys in the world- absolutely! Are there evil people in the world – absolutely! Serial Killers with zero empathy come immediately to mind. But there is NO SUCH thing in the real world as a James Bond Super Villain. No one lives in a hollowed out Volcano with an army of minions. Super Villains are made up creations by a FICTION writer to entertain you. Again- would take toooooo many other people and see previous non faith in my fellow man
I don’t scare easily, but I watched a very scary documentary the other night called “After Truth”. It is basically the premise of the ease of developing 100% fake information and how quickly it can be populated through social media and even scarier show up on actual news channels on occasion . The scary part was the average Americans on BOTH sides of the divide giggling and admitting how easy it is to manipulate us- the more sensationally crazy with or without a kernel of truth the better . This was Americans and doesn’t even include the foreign governments that we proven are in the game to divide us and cause mistrust.
It got me thinking (yes I know kinda scary) If it’s this easy to manipulate us and there doesn’t have to even be a kernel of truth then I’ve gotten off my game. I’m gonna start a new blog that looks like an actual valid news site, but with important headlines sent to my hubby and parasites such as…..
“Statistics show Husbands and Children which don’t pick up their laundry and put it in the hamper will develop hearing loss”
“Dishes left in the sick cause pimples”
“Research proves dirty socks put in hamper as balls will shrink testicles”
“Husbands with more than 3 items on their honey do lists will be nagged” – oh never mind that one has some truth 🙂
So watch out for MMN the CRAZY new news outlet coming soon to a Social Media Site near you- please feel free to share. If we’re gonna be this easily manipulated shouldn’t it at least be the same way it’s been for thousands of years – Manipulative Mom’s News……………………………
This entry was posted in random thoughts, Uncategorized and tagged #animalprint, #children, #comic, #fakenews, #fiction, #gardening, #headlines, #manipulative, #mom, #newworldorder, #random, #socialmedia, #supervillians, #tigerking, #vacuuming, Facebook.
As I age, I am more convinced than ever that the basic human condition really all comes down to a few things. We all ride around on this big ole blue ball named Earth, circling the sun, which in turn is circling a big black hole (just the term “big black hole” is almost as scary as the monkey bats in Wizard of Oz) Just think about that – a giant hole which sucks you in and nothing, including light, can escape. The only thing I can think of to compare to that in the real world is maybe my laundry room. That evil place in every home that sucks you in and if your not careful will bury you in dirty towels and underwear never to be seen from again. If you don’t have teenage boys you might not truly understand the fear of being buried in dirty underwear, but trust me here- it’t terrifying!!
Oops- rambling again…. Back to the human condition or at least my opinion on the subject (yes I know all about opinions and assholes so I guess you can say “I’m showing mine”) 🙂
So we are all riding around in this cosmic beach ball party trying to figure out in the simplest of terms “why and how long” we are here.
What I find fascinating about humans is the abundance of ways we come to justify the “why” Our answers to the why are as diverse as our skin color, origin, etc etc (basically any of those things covered in the “don’t be an asshole” amendment) We need the “why”! Having a justification of our existence seems to be the only thing that makes sense of the daily drudgery of getting out of bed (much less getting dressed). There just has to be a reason- it can’t all be for naught. We need a purpose, we need a direction (some seem to be going in a circle, but that’s a whole different blog), we need a basic rationale to keep floating around the universe.
In my experience, by middle age, most have not only “found” that justification, but have called in the cement truck and not only mortared that baby shut- many (not all) have now moved on to the “this is the only legit way to believe” phase. That chapter of development where any new idea is a threat and scarier than an eternity swimming in dirty underwear so even considering the other side of a debate is just a “no-no”.
This is the stage I fondly refer to as the “Show your ass on Social Media” phase. These are the people who spend all day posting their “beliefs” on social media just looking for a fight or trolling for things they disagree with to insult or say “you’re stupid”. This makes me contemplate the idea of imagining we all walked around society with our beliefs tattooed to our heads (or stapled for those I would enjoy doing that sort of thing to) just looking for a fight? Imagine how this would limit us on who we met and how we interacted with other humans- yet we do it everyday on social media without a thought.
The amount of friendships that have ended over a Social Media exchange of idea’s is as mind blowing to me as the idea of floating around in a giant beach ball party. I don’t have any friends who believe “exactly” the same as I do on any topic – and to me – that’s what makes it fun. I can disagree and still not think “you’re stupid- an ass maybe, different yes, but not stupid” Just imagine this concept- everyone walking or scrolling right on by or better yet- not saying intentionally extremely controversial things in the first place.
Everybody knows a few people in this phase. Many of these people we actually love. Many of these people in any other setting are delightful humans. Granted some people come out the womb as a jackass, but for many it seems to be much easier behind a smartphone or computer. Somehow they feel the anonymity of the environment. It always makes me want to scream “NEWS FLASH- your name is on it dumb-ass and just because most CHOOSE not to argue doesn’t mean they agree or really even care what you think” You’ll have about as much luck changing my view with a social media post as I do of going a day with no dirty laundry.
(yes I know I write a blog, but yet- I don’t think anyone really cares what I think on a daily basis- well except my southern mother who is really only worried I’ll say a “bad” word- I just say it to get it off my chest and give the hubby a break)
Now I’m as guilty as any on occasion (some days during football season my social media looks like the ramblings of a lunatic- if the shoe fits – wear it proudly) I even have friends that politely do what is called “block” me” for 4 months a year and to each his own- I love her anyway! If she doesn’t wanna hear “I know kids in kindergarten who tackle better” who am I to say she’s wrong. She’s not wrong- she just doesn’t care anymore than I care about who you are not voting for in the presidential election or who you want – or don’t want – to pee with!!! I’ve formed my own opinions and hearing yours is really irrelevant to me- but to each his own…..
So back to the “why” of the human condition…..
The answers to the “why” are as multi colored as the cosmic beach balls and much more personal. They have been created by each of our own experiences. We each wake up in the morning with our own motivations, beliefs and directions. What we need to remember is they are ours and ours alone. If you feel the need to change mine then do you really believe your own? It’s always at least a good question to ponder……………
So til next time when we’ll look at the “how long” and ponder the benefits of my favorite new philosophy which I am adopting from my friend of “Everyday’s my birthday and every night is New Year’s Eve”. The hubby will be so pleased……………………………… 🙂
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged #beachball, #beliefs, #blackhole, #cementruck, #cosmic, #fight, #friendships, #humancondition, #idea, #justification, #middleage, #monkeybats, #newsflash, #opinions, #socialmedia, #stapled, #terrifying, #underwear, #universe, #why, #wizardofoz.